Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

"Miracle Tube" produces more Energy than put in (Yes, another one...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analog

https://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/page...ogy.html?in_article_id=481996&in_page_id=1965

It sounds too good to be true - not to mention the fact that it violates almost every known law of physics.

But British scientists claim they have invented a revolutionary device that seems to 'create' energy from virtually nothing.

Their so-called thermal energy cell could soon be fitted into ordinary homes, halving domestic heating bills and making a major contribution towards cutting carbon emissions.

Even the makers of the device are at a loss to explain exactly how it works - but sceptical independent scientists carried out their own tests and discovered that the 12in x 2in tube really does produce far more heat energy than the electrical energy put in.

The device seems to break the fundamental physical law that energy cannot be created from nothing - but researchers believe it taps into a previously unrecognised source of energy, stored at a sub-atomic level within the hydrogen atoms in water.

The system - developed by scientists at a firm called Ecowatts in a nondescript laboratory on an industrial estate at Lancing, West Sussex - involves passing an electrical current through a mixture of water, potassium carbonate (otherwise known as potash) and a secret liquid catalyst, based on chrome.

This creates a reaction that releases an incredible amount of energy compared to that put in. If the reaction takes place in a unit surrounded by water, the liquid heats up, which could form the basis for a household heating system.

If the technology can be developed on a domestic scale, it means consumers will need much less energy for heating and hot water - creating smaller bills and fewer greenhouse gases.

Jim Lyons, of the University of York, independently evaluated the system. He said: 'Let's be honest, people are generally pretty sceptical about this kind of thing. Our team was happy to take on the evaluation, even if to prove it didn't work.

'But this is a very efficient replacement for the traditional immersion heater. We have examined this interesting technology and when we got the rig operating, we were getting 150 to 200 per cent more energy out than we put in, without trying too hard.

People are sceptical - but somehow it works

'We are still not clear about the science involved here, because the physics and chemistry are very different-to everything that has gone before. Our challenge now is to study the science and how it works.'

The device has taken ten years of painstaking work by a small team at Ecowatts' tiny red-brick laboratory, and bosses predict a household version of their device will be ready to go on sale within the next 18 months.

The project, which has cost the company £1.4million, has the backing of the Department of Trade and Industry, which is keen to help poorer families without traditional central heating or who cannot afford rocketing fuel bills.

Ecowatts says the device will cost between £1,500 and £2,000, in line with the price of traditional systems.

So why not heat a thermal fluid in a loop to boil water to power a generator that supplies it with electricity? Obviously, because it wouldn't work. It's not over unity, and it can't be creating energy, if they've spent ten years painstakingly developing it and still don't know how it works then obviously something is very funny about this whole thing, it's all marketing no science.

Analog said:
The device has taken ten years of painstaking work by a small team at Ecowatts' tiny red-brick laboratory, and bosses predict a household version of their device will be ready to go on sale within the next 18 months.

The project, which has cost the company £1.4million, has the backing of the Department of Trade and Industry, which is keen to help poorer families without traditional central heating or who cannot afford rocketing fuel bills.
They should get a poster for their office.
https://despair.com/
**broken link removed**

My personal favourite...
**broken link removed**

Sceadwian said:
So why not heat a thermal fluid in a loop to boil water to power a generator that supplies it with electricity?
Even if it really was 200% efficient it still wouldn't be possible for it to be self sustaining since a steam is only about 36% efficient at the very best.

Obviously, because it wouldn't work. It's not over unity, and it can't be creating energy, if they've spent ten years painstakingly developing it and still don't know how it works then obviously something is very funny about this whole thing, it's all marketing no science.
I agree.

It's probably a scam.

Maybe it burns the potasH and the secret catalyst to make heat. THEN YOU PAY A FORTUNE FOR THEIR REPLACEMENTS EACH MONTH.

I definitly agree with audioguru. It's a marketing gimick, I'm sure the 'other shoe' will drop when you end up getting the product and they mention the supplies. Kind of like the PS3, it's sold at bellow cost, because they make so much money on the games. Sony's struggling a bit with that right now though =) Then there's companies like Apple that have some pretty serious markups and people just can't stop buying their products.

ok, so i did a search for "chromium catalyst". it seems Cr is used as a catalyst for polymerization of plastics, and a couple of other processes in organic chemistry. but nowhere do i see that Cr is a useful catalyst in inorganic chemistry, so i am a bit suspicious. somewhere, these guys are misplacing a decimal point or something (or maybe there's a short circuit between the headphones). or there's an electrochemical reaction taking place that produces heat, but the chemical potential energy isn't being counted.

3 laws of thermodynamics in a nutshell:

there's no such thing as a free lunch

you always drop some food

the ants always take away what you dropped

This post started in Sept 2007. So it's a very old post. It is 2009, where are these guys now? Guess it did not work? I still have a big water heater/elements in my place.

Nice to know the US is not the only place with these guys and their secret chemicals.

I saw one yesterday, fits the whole OU deal. Months of it is close to run forever, then the men in black came and took it.

**broken link removed**

Mylow's lawyer brings MIB guy who takes his motor and papers

Mylow's lawyer brought an unidentified, intimidating man with him last night, taking his motor, all his papers, leaving him with a note of warning -- only to return the items this morning. Mylow defiantly posts another video, calling it his last.

That made up headline is perfect for pulling in overunity rubes.

Hey Bill,

I knew you would pop in. :D

Wonder if this will be a "they took my plans and now I can't make another one that works"? But many will try and I bet a lot of magnet, bearings and wheels will be sold.

Hey, maybe the electric company bought up the TEC. Wonder what the secret electrolyte was :D

Like bad sci-fi or worse Gi-Joe when the bad guys develop a perfect superweapon, good guys sabotage it but the bad guys never build another one.

I saw one yesterday, fits the whole OU deal. Months of it is close to run forever, then the men in black came and took it.

OMG - It's based on STONEHENGE, then there's a big secret government cover-up, the guy writes like a total retard, and his wife is "sciptcal"! :) Heh - choice find, mramos1, thank you.

I'm guessing OP's guy went the way that "Blacklight Power" is going to go soon - only with less fanfare and less squandering of investment money. These two perpetual motion schemes look pretty similar.

Last edited:
:D

Gotta have a magical twist. Stonehenge is cool. Vacuum, black holes, etc.

Something I saw years ago, a pipe with crystals that claimed it can make rain, mess the weather up, etc.

I would make one to stop the hurricanes if it worked. :) Do not recall the rocks, but something uncommon of course.

:D

Gotta have a magical twist. Stonehenge is cool. Vacuum, black holes, etc.

Something I saw years ago, a pipe with crystals that claimed it can make rain, mess the weather up, etc.

I would make one to stop the hurricanes if it worked. :) Do not recall the rocks, but something uncommon of course.

I remember that one too. They were simple quartz. Had something to do with Orgone (?) concentration. Was pretty amusing, they discusses 'Good' and 'Bad' Orgone, like it had thoughts and feelings...

https://educate-yourself.org/dc/orgonegenindex.shtml#chembusters
Not the exact page I was remembering, but if I read through might find it there.

Last edited:
I made one years ago, never had a hurricane since.

Can I borrow it? Can not find the crystal at Radio Shack, probably special .UK site I have to order them from. :D

I recall it had a picture with a pipe pointing up and the clouds were split too.
A story about weather and hurricanes, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back