Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Minolta V-1400 Camcorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

roys29

:( My wife bought a used Minolta V-1400 camcorder and yup, it didn't work. Unit was originally made by Hitachi but I don't have a model cross-reference (believe it may be either a VM100 or VM1200). I've replace all the belts, but have a question. On each of the gears that drive the spindles there is residue indicating that there was either a belt or tire on that gear. Each gear also has a spring-loaded pressure foot riding in the groove. Since I don't have a manual I was hoping someone could help with this question. Is there supposed to be a belt or rubber tire riding in this groove?

A prior owner pried open the cassette carriage when the load/unload/eject belt broke to get the tape out, which bent the carriage. I realigned the carriage and replaced the load/unload/eject belt and idler drive belt. The unit now loads, unloads, and ejects, but when I record a tape, it plays back with snow. I believe this may be caused by excessive back tension because the mystery belt/tires are missing. Any help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back