Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Minimum Voltages

Status
Not open for further replies.

linguist

For an opamp like the TL072, how efficiently would this operate with a dual supply of
+8V & -4V.
I want to use a small single 12V battery & can get the voltages mentioned with it.

I have attached a picture of the dual supply, are their any other reasons this may not work?

I can get more positive voltage but then less negative voltage as a result.

Can I do better than this with just resistors?

Cheers

Attachments

• Supply.gif
    Supply.gif
    4.3 KB · Views: 134
For an opamp like the TL072, how efficiently would this operate with a dual supply of
+8V & -4V.
I want to use a small single 12V battery & can get the voltages mentioned with it.

I have attached a picture of the dual supply, are their any other reasons this may not work?

I can get more positive voltage but then less negative voltage as a result.

Can I do better than this with just resistors?

Cheers

hi,
Use an OPA to provide a low impedance virtual ground, ie: +8v/-4v [or close]

Any opamp works from a single supply voltage if it is biased properly.
Most opamp circuits work perfectly when the reference voltage is half the supply voltage made with 2 or 3 high value resistors and maybe a filter capacitor. Then the input, output and feedback to ground also need capacitors.
Here is an example of the STICKY at the top of this page:

Attachments

• opamps-2.gif
    opamps-2.gif
    17.9 KB · Views: 141
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back