Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

minimum amount to power a OLED display

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-3-2-4

I just want to see if it powers up it's a standard hatachi controller display so I just need to hook up pins 1 & 2?

Won't hurt to power it up, but sadly it takes more than that to get them to display anything. The OLED display I have needs character data before it will even light up one pixel.

I don't need to display text if I'm right since it's based on the Hitachi display it should just show a blinking box? That's all I need to see.. the display is too small to be used on anything currently. I know it takes more then that to show anything i just want to test something that's all.

I'm looking at the datasheet but this panel I'm not sure who it's made by but the back of it says WP1602b-y-jcs

I tried it in a PIC temp sensor before but it never worked because it might of been that the LCD I pulled out was made for a LCD with a backlight

Last edited:
Sadly no. The "Display On/Off" command (listed in the Instruction Table of the spec sheet) has an option to show the cursor, and the default mode is off. You have to send it a startup sequence to even get the cursor.

Fortunately the controller is nearly identical to many similar LCD devices, so there are sample code routines on the web for several micros that will operate it.

I see.. it sucks because I have the LCD that came out of a speaker control unit and it has 8 lines going to the LCD 2 of which to power the backlight and 6 going to the LCD I have no clue of what they are.. no data sheet because it's custom and logitech would not have that nor give it out if they did.

I know what the mimium amount is needed to make it function but in what order is anyones guess.

I ended up trying it out on my temp sensor I hooked it up just like the LCD version just minus the backlight and the display is blank so I don't think it worked at all when I got it 4 years ago..

Just to try it out I hooked a 20x4 up and I was able to see it boot and show the in and out temps, the OLED display pin out match what the LCD version was so I guess it's just DOA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back