Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mini wireless camara

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff6000

i got 1 of those cheep mini wireless cams from ebay it is 900mhz -1200mhz out put power of 200mw and the rang isnt very good is thare aney way i can build or buy a rf amp to boost its tx power

What's the range of your radio controller? Most aren't higher than 200mW and its rather pointless to have very long video range if your control signals cant go that far.

i dont kno the power of the rc controler but it will go much farther than my camara will reach can someone please just help me out

Not legally. Can you post the link to the wireless camera you bought? If it's ebay, I'd be very surprised if it was 20mW, let alone 200mW.

Andrew

Maybe not what you want to do, but if you are only interested in recording video from you RC car's point of view...

**broken link removed**
$14 shipped, there are a lot of similar items, and similar cheap prices.

I've done the car with video camera in my backyard, it's okay for a day or two. Sit on the couch in the living room, and chase the dog around on the TV screen. Would be a lot nicer if you could pan and tilt the camera.

yea i want 2 be able 2 chase the dog a little farther than wat i can now i can barley get 15 feet from my house lol

15 feet? Is that the total distance the camera can do? Should get about 100 feet, even with a cheap Chinese camera. What are you using for a battery? Mine burns through a 9 volt battery pretty quick. Never tried to take one apart, but a longer antenna might help a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back