Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mini transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

grrr_arrghh

Hi, this must have been asked many times, but anyway...

What is a "1K to 200K ct input mini audio transformer"?

Does anyone know where i can get one and how much they are? - (I am in the UK)

Thanks

well it means that the primary has a resistance of 1K and the secondary of 200K.
so the ratio is 1/200....you aply 1V to in you get 200 out.....theoreticly....

o, by the way, i like your signature...

What you say makes sense

What does the CT bit mean?

and thanks about the sig. i accidently found it and liked it.

thanks

You can pull-out same transformer from old pocket radios.
Before transformerless power amplifiers, in output stage work
two transformers: the phase-changer for driving for output
transistors,and other for speaker-matching. Both center-tapped.
You need a phase-changer.

errr, sorry, what?

What does centre-tapped mean?

I just a poor student, and we get taught nothing worthwile about electronics (despite the fact i am doing an electronics course).

Your transformer has two colis of wire.

Each coil has (at least) two wires - the begining of the coil and the end.

Ocasionally, manufacturers will add a middle wire to the coil. Now you have the begining, the center connection, and the end. The middle wire is usually labled (CT) for center tapped. Check out some schematics and look for this condition.

a datasheet for what? a transformer...?
there are lots of types...maybe you got a name or partnumber for it please say it...ill search

My humble mind begins to understand...but...What does the 'input' bit mean?

Thanks eveyone, you're a great help (my electronics teacher will be well inpressed!)

P.S. I am thinking of combining my 'stun gun' with a lie detector, so that when someone lies, they get a shock! Any tips?
Also looking at the diag. at https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/1-5-volt-tracking-transmitter.43/ maybe someone could tell me how you know if the person is lying..?!?

All i need now is to find a transformer to buy!

Thanks again, Tim

Transformer

Hi PPl

This is the first time I'm posting :roll: so please bare with me.

I am having difficulty finding a 1k to 200K mini audio transformer, here in the UK. I understand Maplins used to do a 1k to 20K but it seems that has been discontinued :cry:

Does anyone know any other outlets where I can buy one from? Product code? any info would be great thanks. It doesn't have to be a 1k to 200k, it can be less even.

I am basically building an electronic dog collar, which would administer a shock if the dog goes over the invisible boundary (for my final year project), the shock has to be less than the usual 'stun gun', I have finished the detection bit, but am only having probs with the transformer.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back