Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mini system problem.... please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zener_Diode said:
hey...
I have an orion mini system. I had a problem with the cd, I fixed it. now I have a nother promlem, when I try to llisten a music disc, it jumps some times. what can it be?
How can I solve the problem?

Most probably it requires the laser assembly replacing, on a cheap item like an Orion it's probably not worth doing!.

Zener_Diode said:
do you know orion mcd-1800???

No, most Orion equipment in the UK is badged under various 'cheap' names, Bush, Matsui, Goodmans - names like that. Although in more recent years a small amount actually badged Orion has appeared.

the strength of the laser to read them

Zener_Diode said:
For burned disc you need more strength of the laser to read them then from original?

CDR's are far less reflective than proper stamped CD's, and CDRW's are far less reflective again - which is why older CD players won't play CDRW's.

can I tune a strength of the laser ?

The laser power is usually controlled by a preset on the laser assembly, but it's adjustment is EXTREMELY critical, and should not be adjusted (it's preset during manufacture using a laser power meter). Even a very tiny increase in laser current is likely to destroy the laser - the actual working point is just below the threshold of destruction!.

Zener_Diode said:
How much should the laser cost?

Depends on which one it is, most are Sony lasers - you can often find cheaper replacements though. Sony lasers are labelled KSS210, KSS240, things like that - that's the number you need to know.

Any service component wholesalers in Israel should be able to give you a price based on that number.

For an example in the UK, try **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back