Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mini FM Radio station...need more range

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guyz am raj and am planning to open a commercial fm radio station in my locality and could anyone among can help me with proper guidelines and procedures and other helps that may require to run it if possible provide me with essential circuit diagrams and instruction manuals to set up the instruments that are required to broadcast the fm radio broadcasting.
regards
raj

Most countries require that you apply for a licence. The licence will state the type of programs, the RF power output and the manufacurer's name and model number of the approved transmitter you will use.

hi

but without knowing how much ll it cost me how can i apply for a license and i just wanna have a test transmission to check the creditability for the FM channel before i go online with the license and equipment and am from India, Tamil Nadu i need all the required help i need
regards
raj

These are the people you need to talk to, They can tell you far more than any of us can.

**broken link removed**

i have one more doubt. do i have to study for radio jockey to be an anchor in the shows. if so how do i do that where,

Here in Canada you study at a University that specializes in training radio and TV announcers.
But in India you should ask people who are in India maybe on a website forum in India.

RadioRon's information is good.

The antenna if very important. Your 7 meters high antenna is not good. FM is "line of sight". If you stood at the top if your antenna you will only reach as far as you can see. My smallest radio station had an effective power of 20 watts. 10 watt transmitter and a 2X antenna. It was on a hill on the top of a 7 story building + 60 feet of tower. With the hill the total height was maybe 200 to 300 feet. We had OK reception at 3-5 miles and at 10 miles we had complaints about the signal.

Then I upgraded to 20,000 watts. We had many listeners at 30 miles out. There was a town 60 miles away. They could get us only if they put an antenna on top of their houses.

My biggest stations had antenna with gains of 12X and towers of 600 to 1000 feet. A 100,000 watt radio station may only have a 10,000 watt transmitter.

Earlier some one mentioned directional antennas. In FM usually the same power is sent out in all directions. (North/South/East/West) A antenna with a gain of 1 sends power into space and into the dirt. It sends power out parallel to the earth at 1X. A antenna with a gain of 4 will send much less power up into space, and down into the ground. It will focus more power at the horizon. There are no people in the sky listening to your station. The people under your town do not want a VERY strong signal. A good antenna does not sent power at the people near the tower, it focuses the power at the radios miles away.

Your antenna location (height) is the most important thing. Next is antenna gain. Many radio stations have the music in one town and the transmitter in a different town on top of a mountain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back