Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

minature lcd module

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter g

hi, does anyone know if a 16*2 hd44780 lcd module w/ backlite comes in a minnie version? thanks in advance.pg

They're pretty small as is, viewing area just 64x16mm. How small do you need it.

Mike.

Or even smaller - viewing area 51 x 14.8. https://www.altronics.com.au/p/z7013-16x2-compact-green-led-backlit-alphanumeric-lcd/

Does it need to be 16x 2LCD?

Those look about the size of the ones we use at work, though they aren't easy to source - but they happen to fit the cases we use, and we have the cases machined by the manufacturer specifically for them. We've currently got about 110 in stock. We did have a shock the other year, as they were discontinued - but they were replaced by an uprated, identically sized, version :D

The 'TextStar ' lcd is small 50mm x 18mm viewing area, but its serial and no backlight ( makes a nice debug tool for TTL serial )
textstar.jpg

I've used these, if your looking for small. Only 4 alpha/num characters but you can scroll your text and it is actually very readable. The great part is that you just send the ascii character values and the display decodes/displays. made by Broadcom - I think it is a design acquired from HP. Bad news, about $35 each.

hi, does anyone know if a 16*2 hd44780 lcd module w/ backlite comes in a minnie version?

The quick answer is yes.
Look here:
Small LCD Module.JPG

The window area is about 36x10mm.
I have several of them and they work well.

However, I do not know where to obtain any more of them.
I bought a few of them a number of years ago at an electronics flea market in Germany.
Since then I have not seen any for sale in the usual places.

JimB

I wonder if the modern character displays (modern hd44780) are quick enough that no read of busy or delay is needed. I suspect yes.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back