Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

migrating asm code 16C84 to 16C710

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brute

Hi all,

Ive been trying to compile an assembly code written for C84 to C710 but there seem to be some problems. The C710 won't startup as there is no signal on the crystal.
Can anyone help?

B.

Why move code from one antique to another antique? (and even an OTP antique), why not use a modern much cheaper (and reprogrammable) device?.

But as suggested, you need to post your code and what changes you have made to it.

Hi all,

Well I have a couple of these C710 in stock and I want to make people happy with it. The code is not mine and has already been posted by some guy a while a go. It is the code for a CTCSS tone generator. I've just changed 16C84 into 16C710 and compiled with MPASM for the correct uC.
Checked all the I/O's and Eprom memory of the C710 and in my oppinion this could not give any problem.
Thanks,

B.

Attachments

• CTCSS.ASM
    7.8 KB · Views: 213
or is it just about bit 0 and 1 from this register PCFG0 and PCFG1 to set for RA2 and MCLR on pin 1 and 4. RA3 and RA4 are not used. How do you add this in asm?

Where, after line 11 somewhere or first to begin with? These C710's are hard to re-progam haahah, ruined a few already. How many chance for working instantly?

Code:
	GOTO	START
	ORG	00C8
START	BSF	STATUS,RP0	;SELECT REG BANK 1
	BSF	TRISB,PTT	;SETUP RB7 AS INPUT FOR PTT
	BCF	TRISA,OUT	;SETUP RA2 AS OUTPUT FOR TONE
	BCF	OPTREG,PULLUP	;SET PULLUP RESISTORS ON PORTB
	MOVLW	0xFF		; SET PORTB AS I/Ps
	MOVWF	TRISB		; RB0-RB5 FOR SWITCH INPUTS
	CLRF	ADCON1		; DISABLE ADC

In the bank 1 section..

Hope it will work, the un-modified software did not startup the oscillator on the C710. Will compile tomorrow at work and test later in the afternoon, will let you know, thanks!

And I've read that some programmers/experimenters have troubles with programming XT for 4 MHz and do HS for that, could that be the probblem? Is the output on pin 1 digital or just analog? See schematic attached.

Attachments

• ctcsscct.jpg
    ctcsscct.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 189
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back