Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microwave

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebuka_2

Please I'd like to know if microwave can serve the perpose of wireless power transmission, over a small distance ( 4-6 metres).
Thanks

Do some searches on wireless or fm. There is ton's or kilo's of info in the forum. Also if you don't know what your doing in the first place you will nuke yourself.

They will not answere someone if your just a beginner.

Edit: I did look to see your skill level. Sorry! It was just one of those questions that get under my skin.

Last edited:
Yes it can.

You'll never ever guess what happened when I typed "wireless energy transmission" into Google.

Torben

He said it can and if you did catch the drift, USE GOOGLE! USE GOOGLE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Yes, but not very efficiently.

Of cause it is not impossible.............

:D
ebuka_2 said:
Are you trying to say that it's impossible? The power in question here is only like 4VDC to 6VDC.

....... it is just highly inefficent.

Here is how I would do it. Take a bunch of car head lights (6V in case you haven't figured that out :) )
Then shine them on a solar panel. The number of lights and the size of the panel depends on the amount of power (W) you need.

When you have got this working please report back and inform us of the efficiency.
Please don't try to cheat by doing this outside in the sunshine.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back