Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microwave link capacity

Status
Not open for further replies.
"i'm sorry, my responses are limited. You must first ask the right question...."

you are going to have a difficult time getting answers to such a vague and open-ended question. a few details might help you get better answer. what is the bandwidth? what is the center frequency? what modulation method and encoding scheme? it's like asking what the top speed of a car is without specifying make, model, and year, what engine, transmission, etc...

dear sir

thanks to your answer

i mean in my question what is the maximum data rate can we send and receive in microwave link as you know in the optical fiber there are very
large capacity
what is the maximum level of data rate can we used in microwave and after that level we must use the optical fiber

regards

dear sir

thanks to your answer

i mean in my question what is the maximum data rate can we send and receive in microwave link as you know in the optical fiber there are very
large capacity
what is the maximum level of data rate can we used in microwave and after that level we must use the optical fiber

regards

Commercial Terrestrial MW links usually go up to 140 Mbs; Satellite 34 Mbs.

Ramesh

if you want generalities, optical systems can carry the equivalent of many microwave links, but since your question is vague, so is the answer.

Microwave links provide the bulk of the interconnectivity between sites in telecommunications networks. Serial-data speed is usually stated in terms of bit rate. However, another oft-quoted measure of speed is baud rate. Though the two aren’t the same, similarities exist under some circumstances such as Bit rate, overhead, multilevel modulation etc.

You might find your answer by studying the Shannon-Hartley theorem. Here is an explanation:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shannon–Hartley_theorem
The microwave link budget calculator can tell you the received power. That tells you S. You can calculate the N (noise) value using the equation KTB (boltzmann's constant x temperature in Kelvin x bandwidth in Hz) and then add 4 dB to account for receiver noise figure. To understand the theoretical limit, you get to choose your own B for bandwidth. In practice, real systems have bandwidths limited by technology and by regulatory limits. A good number to choose might be, oh, say 500MHz.

Once you have calculated the value for C you can then decide if you want to apply MIMO techniques to multiply this result by the number of MIMO channels you think you can support using current technology. Currently a value of, say, 16 is not unreasonable.

Good Day ;

The microwave link consists of two main parts ;; the indoor magazine and the outdoor radio and dish and they are connected together with an IF cable that carries power , traffic and control signals between the two parts ,,, so ,, the indoor part has a specific capacity defined by the manufacturer or the vendor of the equipment ,,, for example an italian vendor called SIAE Microelectronics provides a MW link called ALC plus 2E ,, the maximum capacity of this link is 431 Mbps while another vendor like ERICSSON provies another Product called Mini-Link Traffic Node that can provide 155 Mbps per link for example and a third vendor Called Huawie that produce a MW link called RTN with also 155 Mbps capacity ,, also NEC has a MW link called NEO with 155 Mbps capacity ,,, these are only very brief examples ,,, but what i really want to say is that the capacity of MW link is defined by the Vendor and the highest data rate is 1Gbps in all of them ................

BR//

This is like "horse power" of a car.

I am on a RF link to town.
5meg one way and 2.5meg the other. So is it 5 or 2.5 or 7.5?
I know the 5meg is "maximum". There is more information sent than what I see. Address, file heater, check-sums and if some data is lost then there are "resent data" and data about the transmitter and receiver, (how much power is used, what percent of the time the transmitter is being used) also hand shaking, ("I got the data" or "resend"). There is lots of data going back and fourth that I don't understand. The government checking on me and Yahoo snooping on what I say (LOL) I don't really know what is going on but I don't get all the bandwidth. How much of the 5meg am I getting?

I don't know how to answer. Each vender probably has a different way of counting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back