Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microsoft_Word_problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
It did came to my mind to make "code tidy", but some functions are miles long and there is no helping.

Thanks for helping.

It did came to my mind to make "code tidy", but some functions are miles long and there is no helping.

Thanks for helping.

Your code seems to have too many tabs or spaces in it. One tab should do ya for each indent. :)

So thats what writing looks like from Croatia... Looks like Russian, sorta, no offense if taken...

Last edited:
I guess Croatia has seen some hard times in the past. Glad your now able to enjoy some peace :)

Suggestions.

When exporting code for documentation replace tabs with spaces.

Use a smaller font to help longer lines fit.

As suggested by others put the text in a box or frame.

How you write the original code makes a big differance.

You have some very long lines which makes things worse.

Code:
for(x_left,x_right;(x_left>=548)||(x_right<=826);x_left-=10e-3,x_right+=10e-3){

// Can be written as
for(x_left,x_right;
    (x_left>=548)||(x_right<=826);
     x_left-=10e-3,x_right+=10e-3){
//
//

Last edited:
I guess Croatia has seen some hard times in the past. Glad your now able to enjoy some peace :)

Unfortunately, we did have our fare share, now is better, 'scum' is still on the top, but in which country they aren't. :rolleyes:
Thanks.

Suggestions.

When exporting code for documentation replace tabs with spaces.

Use a smaller font to help longer lines fit.

As suggested by others put the text in a box or frame.

How you write the original code makes a big differance.

You have some very long lines which makes things worse.

Code:
for(x_left,x_right;(x_left>=548)||(x_right<=826);x_left-=10e-3,x_right+=10e-3){

// Can be written as
for(x_left,x_right;
    (x_left>=548)||(x_right<=826);
     x_left-=10e-3,x_right+=10e-3){
//
//

Yeah, will do in future, I simply forgot that it will have to fit on paper,and I ain't changing all that code.

Last edited:
Yeah, will do in future, I simply forgot that it will have to fit on paper,and I ain't changing all that code.

Can you print it in landscape mode ? Keep the text part and code part in different files. Print the code part in lanscape mode. Combine the two after printing.

If that does not work. Bust the code up in page size chunks, stick them in a box and rotate them. You will have to play with word to see what you can do but landscape is the way to go.

3v0

Last edited:
Can you print it in landscape mode ? Keep the text part and code part in different files. Print the code part in landscape mode. Combine the two after printing.

If that does not work. Bust the code up in page size chunks, stick them in a box and rotate them. You will have to play with word to see what you can do but landscape is the way to go.

3v0

Excellent idea! I can't believe I didn't think of that. Although text box did fix it somehow.

Last edited:
I'd just remove most of the indentation as it appears to have excessive tabulation.

Mike.

You don't want line numbering at the beginning, or bullets in the document unless you are inserting text above each subroutine. One program I remember well appeared in Byte in 1980, a video terminal design by Theoron Wierenga complete with 8080 code. I don't recall what program was used for the assembly language, but the code was simple to read and understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back