Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microphones and Switches

Status
Not open for further replies.

SacredZero

Hi,

I have a *basic* understanding of Electronics, but not enough to really do stuff on my own yet, so I have an idea for something I need, but I am not sure what components I need.

Basically, I want to create a circuit with two inputs, from microphones, A and B. These will both come out the other end exactly the same as when they went in, as C and D respectively, which then goes into a mixer/amplifier as two separate lines.

Microphone A will always be on, but microphone B will only come on now and then (push to talk essentially.) The circuit I want to build, will stop C from outputting when B is switched on. As far as I can see it, the easiest way to make this happen is some sort of switch between A and C that opens when it receives an input from B, then closes when B stops transmitting.

However I am unsure of what switch can do that, so I really need some help in choosing the switch - I think I will be able to work out the rest myself once I have that as a start point. I am also open to a better idea if someone has one, or to be corrected if I am way out on my idea.

Thanks.

The KK6270 chip may be a suitable basis for this task. Google for its datasheet.

Sorry I took so long to get back, but that doesn't appear to actually stop the signal. I think I can see what you are getting at with suggesting that chip, as it could (presumably) prevent unintentional feedback from one mic to the other, which is what I am really trying to stop. However it does look like it would overcomplicate the issue, I would prefer a simple open/close solution. I should have probably mentioned this before, but the mics will be running over XLR 3-Pin audio connectors, with mic A having a balanced signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back