Microphones and Switches

Status
Not open for further replies.

SacredZero

Hi,

I have a *basic* understanding of Electronics, but not enough to really do stuff on my own yet, so I have an idea for something I need, but I am not sure what components I need.

Basically, I want to create a circuit with two inputs, from microphones, A and B. These will both come out the other end exactly the same as when they went in, as C and D respectively, which then goes into a mixer/amplifier as two separate lines.

Microphone A will always be on, but microphone B will only come on now and then (push to talk essentially.) The circuit I want to build, will stop C from outputting when B is switched on. As far as I can see it, the easiest way to make this happen is some sort of switch between A and C that opens when it receives an input from B, then closes when B stops transmitting.

However I am unsure of what switch can do that, so I really need some help in choosing the switch - I think I will be able to work out the rest myself once I have that as a start point. I am also open to a better idea if someone has one, or to be corrected if I am way out on my idea.

Thanks.

The KK6270 chip may be a suitable basis for this task. Google for its datasheet.

Sorry I took so long to get back, but that doesn't appear to actually stop the signal. I think I can see what you are getting at with suggesting that chip, as it could (presumably) prevent unintentional feedback from one mic to the other, which is what I am really trying to stop. However it does look like it would overcomplicate the issue, I would prefer a simple open/close solution. I should have probably mentioned this before, but the mics will be running over XLR 3-Pin audio connectors, with mic A having a balanced signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…