Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microphone pre-amp circuit build, missing a part, help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slephnir

I am building a simple Microphone pre-amp circuit. But this project reqiures a component TLE2027CP, a low-noise op amp, its ancient, my supplier does not stock it, can anyone recommend an equivalent part? :confused:

I am building a simple Microphone pre-amp circuit. But this project reqiures a component TLE2027CP, a low-noise op amp, its ancient, my supplier does not stock it, can anyone recommend an equivalent part? :confused:

Hi there, and welcome to the forum.

Here's a link to a PDF from Texas Instruments containing a list of some discontinued parts and their replacements: **broken link removed**

According to that, you might want to try an **broken link removed**, although I'm sure that there are many others which could be swapped in with few or no other changes to the circuit. Are you planning on using a socket?

Regards,

Torben

Good luck with your preamp.

It looks like that TLE2027 is still available but only in SO surface mount form, they have discontinued the CP version which was the only DIP package.

If you want something really good, have a look at the LME49710NA. Digikey has it for around $3.50 or so. Very good specs and may be well suited to your preamp.

DigiKey export

Thanks for the help with the op amps. Does DigiKey sell products to the Uk? Or are they US retail company only?

How about this one?

**broken link removed**

I notice that the NE553x series is popular amongst audio enthusiasts, so this or its cousin the NE5534 are probably good choices.

True--on further research it seems that the OPA27GP has a reputation for sounding "harsh". I've used a 5532 in a simple electret preamp with good results, although some folks say it sounds "dull and lifeless".

Why don't datasheets have an entry for "warmth" or "harshness"? :D

Torben

Lf351n

Cheers for the 'Welcome', links + recommendations, I have been trying to find another supplier for a while, other IC suggestions are also good.

Just wondered what everyone thinks about the LF351N to be used in the Microphone pre-amp circuit, its a low-cost JFET, it apparently has a distortion figure less than 0.02% as well as being low-noise.

Would like to check on this before I put it in the circuit, just in case anyone has experienced any harshness with this kind of IC in this kind of application.

By the way I am using a socket to be on the safe side.

Cheers for the 'Welcome', links + recommendations, I have been trying to find another supplier for a while, other IC suggestions are also good.

Just wondered what everyone thinks about the LF351N to be used in the Microphone pre-amp circuit, its a low-cost JFET, it apparently has a distortion figure less than 0.02% as well as being low-noise.

Would like to check on this before I put it in the circuit, just in case anyone has experienced any harshness with this kind of IC in this kind of application.

By the way I am using a socket to be on the safe side.

It's 'OK' but not in the same class as the others suggested, the NE553x series were specifically designed for this purpose, as were the later OPA types. I've used both, and while the OPA are supposedly better, I can't hear any difference :D

If you're looking at LF351's you might consider the Texas TL series, which are probably a similar sort of spec.

Last edited:
In my case, I used TL072 and sounds good. ( I'm not audio expert )

I am an audio expert and I also think that the TL07x sounds good. Its distortion is only 0.003% and I might be able to hear 0.05%.
The distortion of an OPAx134 is only 0.0008%.

The LM4562 is the best audio opamp today (it is a dual) with extremely low noise and distortion of only 0.00003%.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back