Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microphone for guitar recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuLdEr

I know the best microphone is condenser microphone (supplied by +48V). but it's too expensive to me :-( (MC 265 TOSNIL costs 500 $)

The question is do I have any alternative like small condenser microphone (5V-15V)? Will it be good for electric guitar recording?? Does it have enough parametres like 31mV/Pa, bandpass 20-20kHz etc.

Can You give me the best way for elect. guitar recording???

Regards

MuLdEr

MuLdEr said:
I know the best microphone is condenser microphone (supplied by +48V). but it's too expensive to me :-( (MC 265 TOSNIL costs 500 $)

The question is do I have any alternative like small condenser microphone (5V-15V)? Will it be good for electric guitar recording?? Does it have enough parametres like 31mV/Pa, bandpass 20-20kHz etc.

Can You give me the best way for elect. guitar recording???

I would advise you to try what microphones you can, borrow various ones, use your vocal mikes - see how you get on. I certainly wouldn't dash out and spend $500 dollars on a condenser mike which might not even sound any better (and could quite easily sound worse). A lot of this sort of thing is down to personal preference - if you want the most accurate sound from your guitar, you would DI the guitar - but, presumably, you want the sound to be coloured by your amplifier and speaker.

So, try what you can, experiment, and try and find a sound you personally like.

When I did PA for a local band, we always used Shure Unidynes to mike everything up - I can't say I ever had any problems with the quality of the sound.

OK. So I found one, running at 15V and works well. But I ain't satisfied with colour of sound at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back