Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microphone convertion help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bd13

(this is the same "computer to cellphone headset" topic, but i have refined my problem and re-writen this topic)

is there any circuit to convert a computer microphone to a carbon microphone? a carbon microphone is the cheap, yet effective, kind used in phones, it opperates using a cylinder filled with carbon dust and depending on how much that cylinder is compressed the resistance changes (2 wire mic). a computer microphone uses 3 wires and although i'm not sure how exactly it opperates i know (rather 'think') it needs a ground and two other connections. i'm just wondering if it is posible to convert the signal from a computer mic into one readable by a telephone mic. (need to hook headset upto cordless phone, got headphones working but mic is being a pain) any help would be appreciated. thanks

Yes, possible, but the cordless-phone not contain a carbon mic.In the very old type was dynamic type, but nowadays all contains electret.
The computer mic. is electret, probably stereo (3legs)

ya, i found a site w/ a lot of info on it about electet mics. and it had about 4 ways to hook up that type of mic to things. anyway i finally got it working and now i can use my computer headset w/ my cordless phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back