Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microphone connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hlias

Hello all.

I just bought yesterday a small microphone in order to connect it with a TRS connector, but I cannot seem to get it working. Furthermore, the mic that I bought does not havfe anything written on it so I cannot find a datasheet. To describe it briefly it has two pins and a third pin which is more flat next to the one side of the other two, which i assumed must be the ground.

Could you please give me any advise as to how to connect it to get it working?

Buy a microphone from an electronics parts distributor likw Digikey because every part has a manufacturer's datasheet.

Your mic might be a 3-pins electret type. The pin connected to the metal case is 0V, one pin is the output and the other pin is for a voltage from 3V to 9V at low current.
The output level from a microphone is very low so it needs a preamp.

Thanks for the advice, although we do not have a Digikey here, as I live in Spain.
So if one is the output and the other one needs some supply, is there anyway I could just get a small size mic (like this one i have which seems to be the type you describe) to connect it directly without the need of a preamp?
Could i overcome this problem that I have simply without the need of an extra circuit?

Farnell is a worldwide electronic parts distributor and has an office in Spain. Everything they sell has a datasheet.

A microphone has a very low output signal. Usually a microphone feeds a preamp that has an adjustable voltage gain of about 30, then the preamp feeds a power amplifier or recorder.

Maybe yor power amplifier or recorder has enough gain then the preamp is not needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back