Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microcontrollor trainer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which microcontroller trainer did you have in mind?

I have one for an Intel 8008, but it's on the back of a manilla envelope. The software is on paper tape and it can be read using an ASR-33 teletype with a current loop interface at 110 baud. The boot ROM is a 1702, and it has a whopping 1K of RAM that takes only eight chips.

I also have a KIM-I which is a bit newer and has a bit more ROM and RAM. I think this schematic is available on the internet. Source code for the monitor ROM is on the internet as well. There are numerous freeware assemblers for the 6502 processor.

I think schematics for every microchip board made are available as application notes from the microchip website.

Atmel, Philips, and Maxim-Dallas all publish schematics of their development boards and part programmers as application notes. Try their sites out, I think you'll be impressed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back