Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microcontrollers

Status
Not open for further replies.
could somebdy suggest me hw to program a camera such dat it clicks an image when an specific temperature is sensed by temperature sensor, is dat possible by microcontrollers or gotta use some other pgmmin language??

Last edited:
hi could you post some details of the camera. and no text speak please as i have developed a hatred of it :D what i am thinking is some camera's have a remote trigger socket on them in wich case it would be easy to trigger the camera with a temp sensor

there are myriads of disciplines asked. image processing (one giant there if you mean the temperature of an object in sight) and uCs. Big job for a beginner. Start small with blinking LEDs using uCs or something.

Last edited:
i took the op to mean that when a certain temp was reached the camera would take a picture. if thats the case then alot of modern digital camer's have a simple external trigger socket. this would surely be fairly simple fo a MCU. with alot of cams it can even be done with a bi metalic type sensor.

i took the op to mean that when a certain temp was reached the camera would take a picture. if thats the case then alot of modern digital camer's have a simple external trigger socket. this would surely be fairly simple fo a MCU. with alot of cams it can even be done with a bi metalic type sensor.

Wow, I did not know that... I guess I'm still somewhat stuck in the past :D

i have to admit that i only know as i have a break beam triger on my cam for taking pics of bats and it plugs into a little jack socket :D

Not so common nowadays

I would say that ALL the digital cameras I bought up to now, not less than 5 IIRC, in a span of eight years had no way to trigger them with an external signal. Two remarks: they were not all garden variety and I did not ask for such a thing.

Reading about pictures taken from kites I learnt that is it not common either, to the point that people employs mechanical solutions to activate the shutter or otherwise, mess with the innards of the camera.

An example here HOW-TO: Take digital photos from a kite--Part 2, the kite and the pictures -- Engadget

All my previous analog cameras that I can recall, had that jack.

the only digital camera i have used is a high end DSLR and that has 3 ways to external trigger, all the non digital ones have had the jack you speak of, so maybe it isnt as common as i thought it was, sorry if it was misleading. i am amazed they dont seem to have them theese days!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back