Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohsinans

ok finally plz plz plz someone reply seriously.............................after many days of sheer hardwork i have come to know everything abt 8051 and its softwares .........the only thing i m very unclear abt is the programmer..........i know which softwares to use to write the program and also which software to use to put that program in the 8051.............the only thing i m unclear abt is what hardware is needed to put that program into the microcontroller.......i mean what type to cable (i read something abt rs232 cables and max 232 driver) is used.......which pins are to be connected where........( pins of IC and the programmer).....what a programmer looks like.......tell me everything and assume that i am a complete novice in this field.....cause as far as programmers are concerned.....i m a novice......plz reply

depending on the type of 8051 you may need an EPROM, EEPROM or device programmer. What is the designation on the 8051 eg 89C4051, 8052

there are two versions of circuit that i have...one is AT89C2051 and the other is AT89S51..................and i dont know if people are not able to gt me or what............i jus want to know that what all hardware do i need..

1) do i need jus a connector wire where in i connect the wire to my PC and the other end to a few pin of 8051 ( if yes then tell me the pins of 8051 which are to be connected to the wire)

or

2) do i need another circuit ( i guess its called a programmer....though i may be wrong) where in i connect the pins of my 8051 to this circuit and there is another wire that i needed to connect that circuit with my PC......

3) or do i need a circuit/programmer where in i put jus my 8051 and feed the program into it and then i when the program is done i remove my 8051 from that circuit and put it into my circuit

read this link and tell me wher are the 6 pins of header 6 are to be connected

https://www.mytutorialcafe.com/Microcontroller Programmer 89s51 2.htm

More complicated

It's a bit more complicated, I use a special programmer for 8051 which does nearly all variants. If you go the the Atmel site and download the PDF for AT89C2051 on page 8 there is all the timings for the programming. Atmel also include a circuit for a programmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back