Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microcontroller with high clock speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

baku

hi,
i am trying to build a nano second pulser. can u suugest any microcontrollers that are available in india with clock speeds higher than 33MHz.

You can try PIC18F series from Microchip, should me available in India. It can run up to 40Mhz, it needs only 100ns / per instruction, should fit to your needs.

I believe it's called a Q-Switch in Laser systems. They are typically optically-based switches that are way faster than standard electronic circuits, and they are VERY expensive. If you intend to use a microprocessor for it, that would mean a 1GHz one. Quite impossible for a microcontroller. If you can afford a few ns, then you could use a monostable pulse generator. Refer to the 74HCT123. I vaguely remember generating pulses of below 10ns using this.

thanx guys for the reply, i would be very happy if u could suggest me sources( web, books..) where i can find more info on the stuff u suggested. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back