Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microcontroller with ADC for Wifi module

Status
Not open for further replies.

libuz

My project needs 8 ADCs with speed of few kilosamples/sec, to read signal and transfer using Wifi to a computer. I found RN-171 Wifi module. Can someone suggest me an ADC which can be connected to this module? The Wifi module has Tx and Rx pins to communicate with microcontroller.
Thanks

a 'few' isn't really a good spec. Exactly what would be an acceptable sampling rate and how much accuracy and precision do you need for the ADC? There are micro controllers that could do this without an external ADC if your requirements aren't to stringent.

Last edited:
I need to read 3 signals at same time. These signals have frequencies upto 400Hz. 10 bit resolution should be fine.

You'll get 10bits out of a micro controller ADC but they won't all be accurate, generally the best you can generally get is 8bits at any high reading rate, if you could clarify exactly what you're reading a little better it might help, if you just need to measure the frequency the bit depth is virtually irrelevant.

I am using for EMG recording. I checked arduino, which has 10 bit resolution. What do u think about that?
Is there any such board with built in WiFi module?

To get all 10 of those bits you need to jump through some hoops which include board layout considerations, the chip must be in sleep mode during the ADC conversion and the sampling rate can't be too high.

At decent sampling rates you can consider it an 8bit DAC, the last two bits are noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back