Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microcontroller/robotics newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvbugged

:?:

Hi,

I'm new to microcontrollers and have no clue which one to choose..
Can anybody please help/guide me .

I ned to develope a robots.
With my controller, I should be able to develope basic as well as complex robot.

Programming part..I have knowledge to 8051 and assembly..

what all should i have to start with???

Please help ASAP

For a basic robot, you should have a robot design first, that is, how many wheels (motors) you need to control.

After that, you should study how to control a motor. How many types of motors do you know? DC, RC, servo, stepping... Pls take a look to an old topic where they talked muchie how different between servo, DC and stepping.

You then should build a motor driver, you may use H brigdes or some intergrated chips.

You then test if the motor turn as good as in your controller. You may make it work as in your controller (have you solved the controller problems for your robots?) you may use hardware or software. For hardware solutions, I don't know muchie, but I may help if you intend to use software solutions. For hardware solutions, I think chippie, nigel, or neutron... (technicien de cette forum) may help you muchie, even software solutions.

I think you should build your robot step by step, then ask again. If you ask these general questions, it's difficult to answer.

Do you want to build from scratch or could you use one of the stamp kits or even a cheap PLC like Meccanisms Motorvator (www.Meccanisms.com) Or evne a couple of Lego RCX kits as a starting point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back