Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microcontroller newbe question - what to use

Status
Not open for further replies.

davecla

I'm after a micro controller that needs to take 5 or 6 inputs and drive 3 relays as outputs. It also need to have a clock.

An ethernet or wireless interface would be great too.

I looked at the arduino, any suggestions where else to look?

thanks

dave

Last edited:
The I/O and clock bits can be done with almost any uC (The 16F88 or 18F1320 will do). Adding any sort of Ethernet connection will take it well out of the beginner area. The TCP stack is not an easy thing to get your head around. If you still want to try to add WiFi then take a look at **broken link removed** and read the documentation.

Mike.

Last edited:
What you need is a small microcontroller (with few pins) since you do not need many IO ports. So an audrino would fit exactly even since you probably a beginner. Regarding the ethernet interface ou can connect a module to the audrino and will make life easy.

Other microcontrollers are 18f1220/18f1320 and atmega8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back