Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microcontroller DAC module situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyback

Hello,
In the DAC column of the following product selector guide, "5b/8b/9b" presumably means "5 bit/8bit/9bit"?

Microchip product selector guide...
**broken link removed**

We can't find a single microcontroller that has all our requirements because none have 3 DAC outputs, and so they all need an external DAC IC, which needs to be communicated with via a serial module, and none of us can use serial modules on microcontrollers....therefore, do you believe we are better off using two microcontrollers?......one with the three DAC modules on it that we need, and the other with all the other stuff (ADC's digital I/O, PWM outputs etc) that we need?

Flyback said:
and none of us can use serial modules on microcontrollers...
There are very few Micro's that have even one DAC.... If you use two of the I2C MCP4922 chips you will have four 12 bit DAC's

The I2C module is supported by most compilers, so you don't need to do anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back