Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

microcontroller and microprocessor

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can find the answer here
**broken link removed**

I was not surprised to see this question (no offense) but I was shocked :shock: when I saw ELECTRONICS EXPERT as your tag

No Problem. I wont feel offended. I'm here to learn. Anyway, there's lots of electronics knowledge to learn. No one is god, there is always a limitation to it :D

A microcontroller has the basic features of a computer including the microprocessor. Programs can be automatically executed on the chip without any external hardware (other than a battery and visual output).
A microprocessor is just a command processor. It requires external memory and all that. It is only good if you intend on making a gigantic computer.

instruite said:
**broken link removed**

I was not surprised to see this question (no offense) but I was shocked :shock: when I saw ELECTRONICS EXPERT as your tag
The tag does not reflect how much knowledge anyone has. Its just the measure of how many posts you have made whether it is reply to someones query or your own queries. :D

instruite said:
**broken link removed**

Someone once said that a truly wise man has questions, not answers.

instruite said:
**broken link removed**

Micro Controllers are a whole different field though. I was here long before I dove into the world of uC's... of course, now I can't live without them.

Also, a microcontroller contains everything in a single chip, the ram, "harddrive" (Software), etc. basically it's an entire computer in one little chip. A microprocessor needs all the external components...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back