Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microcontrller's Instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeffreyPeter

Hi, I understand the basic architecture of 8051. But I don't know the microcontroller's instruction performs an action, for example Mov instruction... how the microcontroller performs a move action, on reading this code ??
Thanks in advance.....:confused:

Hi, I understand the basic architecture of 8051. But I don't know the microcontroller's instruction performs an action, for example Mov instruction... how the microcontroller performs a move action, on reading this code ??
Thanks in advance.....:confused:
I'm a tad confused.... What is it you need to know exactly!!

Have you looked at an ALU circuit ( Arithmetic Logic Unit ) To see how one works? Or do you need to know the why's and wherefor's of machine code...

hi,
Look at this link.
**broken link removed**

The CPU [Central Processing Unit] does not 'see' the MOV x,y mnemonic, it reads read the actual hex machine code instruction at the location pointed to by CPU's program counter.

Yeah.. Now I understand it... Earlier I was asking what were thee steps that are followed by MC when the instruction is decoded...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back