Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MICROCHIPC bootloader - Can't download code into PIC16LF871

Status
Not open for further replies.

vamaro

Hi all,

Since I can't understand what I am doing wrong I just want to check if anybody has any suggestions.

I have a PIC16LF871 with "01619 - bootldr-v26-16F870-71-16Mhz-19200bps.hex" programmed inside with the following configuration:
Oscillator:HS / Code Protect off / Fuses: WDT 0,PWRT 0,BODEN 0,LVP 0,CPD 1,WRT 1,DEBUGGER 1

In my board I am using a 16MHz crystal, MCLR is connected to VDD by 1K2 res and RB3 is connected to ground by another 1K2 res.
I am able to see the PIC oscillating signal with a scope.

In order to load the test code "_19160 - Test_16F87x_Serial_Port_19200baud_16Mhz.hex" I use the "PIC downloader 1.08" software.
It presents the message "searching for bootloader" and I can see some signals (don't know if the correct ones) in the RC7/RX pin, just after an ICL232 -RS232toTTL- converter.

Shouldn't something happen after I reset the PIC?
Do you see anything wrong in the PIC configuration?
Do you see anything wrong in my short schematic description?
Any ideas would be appreciated...

Thank you,
VSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back