Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microchip MPLAB IDE

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPDCHK

Is it just me or has Microchip’s MPLAB IDE software changed a bit from version 8.46 onwards (perhaps this might even be on earlier versions, but I know 8.10 does not do this)

With reference to the attached picture, note that variables declared under CBLOCK actually shows the symbol name in the file register (ver 8.10). In version 8.46, and all the later versions that I’ve installed, the symbol names for declared variables simply does not show in the file register.

Is there some checkbox that needs to be ticked to have this displayed? It’s quite annoying to just look at an address (e.g. 027) and then having to figure out to which variable name it belongs.

Attachments

• Symbol Name.PNG
    Symbol Name.PNG
    55.1 KB · Views: 253
Hi,

Just place the mouse on the grey toolbar next to the Symbolic Name and Right Click - all your display options are there.

Symbol Name field is selected. I see the symbol names for the usual PIC related registers TXREG, RCREG, CMCON, but from address 020 to 080 there is simply NO SYMBOL name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back