Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Microchip look up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmille38

Is there a web site or anything that you can use to find out the specs on your microchips. I am a big fan of recycling electronics and I have tons of microchips with no idea what they can do. I was wandering if there was a web site where you could type part numbers in and search for specs? I tried googling it without much luck.

Thank you very much. Oh and just looking at your profile picture, holy crap you are very beautiful. Thanks again for the website :)

I think he means the general term microchip rather than the manufacturer Microchip. Apart from googling part numbers, and searching the manufacturer sites I don't know. A lot of chips off of production boards can be proprietary or only released on a select basis, so datasheets aren't available to the public.

I use Datasheet catalog for integrated circuits, diodes, triacs, and other semiconductors, view

What Lude Said is true. Alot of chips in mass produced boards have a number on them that won't mean anything to anyone other then the maker.

Thats not true all the time though. I used to de-solder and reuse parts, but have found its much easier to buy new ones. I will sometimes just sit down with a board and look up its components just for fun and to see how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back