Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

micro with two UART ports?!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thalia

Hi there,

i'm basically looking for a micro(preferably from Atmel), that has two UARTs on board. So far i've found the AT91M42800A. Is this one ok?

I'm going to be programming the micro to read the output from my voice recognition module as you suggested earlier..But i need two uarts: one to receive serial data from the parallel to serial converter and another to transmit /receive, to/from the output..

look into the ATMega lines...

You could do as nigel suggested and create a software based Uart, i'm working on a project that currently needs two UART's too, and this is what i'm going to be doing.

I might try using a multiplexor to switch the UART between two devices, but i'm not sure how well this will work.

Hello,

Did you consider Atmega64 or 128 depending upon your code requirements? these controllers have two serial ports and ample number of i/o ports.

Nayani

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back