Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Micro Induction heater/Small scale

Status
Not open for further replies.

aj_breaks

Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum and would like to get some feed back/ help on building a small induction heating vessel, perhaps the size of a thimble or a cylinder that is .5 "diameter x .5" deep. I am also wondering if this can be made to be battery operated as temps I need to reach are only 300-600 degrees F. I am not very strong in this field, but I know someone out here might be. Please help.

Best regards..

Thanks. The noumerous responses made me a bit wierry. In addition, manny seemed to be more of a concept than an actual working circuit. I understand the concept of induction heating and have a great idea for its applicaion but quite honestly; I'm a bit nervous with the whole assembly process. I do not even know where to start. I intend to use it to heat up a very small pc of stainless steel "like a thimball" to a glowing point and no more. I want to make it portable if possile so battery power is an interest, but a plug in unit will also work.

I don't think you're going to find a plug and play circuit. If you aren't comfortable with the info in the link I posted, this might not be a workable homebrew project for you.

Ken

I can read simple wiring diagrams and will continue to do re-search like I am now, untill I feel better about the build. I know that to the savy this is not a challenge at all, becuase its known and it was not always that way. The link you provided seems to be the most robust and complete data I've seen thus far. What size power supply should I start with to heat up the previouly mentioned?

The author stated in the first paragraph: "... the circuit draws about 5A from a 15V supply ..." This is not a cut and dried project, even for the experienced hobbyist.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back