Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

micro controllers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khazar

hello! im new to this forum and to robotics, so plz give me simple answers, because my knowledge is very low :p. my question is, whats a micro controller? is it where the batteries, motors,etc. are going to be atached (like the PC´s motherboard) or is it just a chip you put on the robot-motherboard that is incharge of the programable stuff? and why are all microcontrollers PIC something?whats the meaning of it? and could u advice me, plz, a good micr controller (or robot-motherboard) that would be nice and easy to start, but could have more stuff like sensors, etc. also, one more question to the many before, whats the diference between a servo motor and a DC motor? oh well, thanks a lot, and hope this hasnt got any error like wrong place, stupid questions, etc :S. bye, and robotic cheers!

P.S- my only experience in this is in remote controlled cars and stuff, also basic, but atleast ive built one so i know how it works :p

You should learn to use Google.com first. Then search for tutorials, like 'PIC tutorial', 'Servo Tutorial'... It will save you a lot of time, and you can find answers on a level you can understand, and go from there.

PIC is one type of microcontroller. I use AVR, which after much research, suited me best. Both have similar features, and perform pretty much the same. Don't ask which is best :) , it's very opinionated. It'll take a while before you reach a point where the finer details make a difference.

Got a hunch you might be better off with a kit, or something like Vex or Lego...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back