Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

micro contrller based remote notice board with RS 232 interface to PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi
I'm engg IV year student.I wanna do the project related to micro controller based things and the title is mentioned above..so kindly give me suggestions to do my project..........:)

A PIC micro program would be able to perform the functions you've given above.. from what I can understand

if you aren’t familiar with PIC's, perhaps, in fact, definitely grab something like "introduction to PICs" Its not a single afternoon type learning curve, but being in your IV year of eng (4th year UNI student should not have any issues taking such a device)

I guess then you could look at starting your project, the **broken link removed** is a decent device for RF coms, and they are very easy to interface with a PIC micro

Then for data storage (not sure how much you will need), perhaps you could use a EEPROM like the **broken link removed**

To interface a PIC micro with a PC is rather simple, especially with the **broken link removed**, as it is the only device required (other than the PIC - it converts TTL/CMOS to RS232 standard)

Not sure if this is of much help, but its just an idea

The best thing will be going for a IR transmitter to ur PIC and the other end of the reciver u can control a light bulb, fan, etc.... This will be a simple project to start with...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back