Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Micro Air compressor wanted - new poster

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocusa

Hey,

I was searching the web for a suitable air compressor when I saw this topic posted in your forums,

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/viewforum.php?f=6

I was looking for a small air compressor for a different application with the ability to reach 125 psi or 9 bar (25 psi or 1 bar either way doesnt matter)with the current/voltage low as I plan to run it with a battery. Flow doesnt matter but the higher the better.

The hargraves pumps would be ideal but unfortunately they only pump to 28 psi.

cheers

ocusa said:
Hey,

I was searching the web for a suitable air compressor when I saw this topic posted in your forums,

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/viewforum.php?f=6

I was looking for a small air compressor for a different application with the ability to reach 125 psi or 9 bar (25 psi or 1 bar either way doesnt matter)with the current/voltage low as I plan to run it with a battery. Flow doesnt matter but the higher the better.

The hargraves pumps would be ideal but unfortunately they only pump to 28 psi.

cheers

Hey,
for that pressure you will find cheap electric tyre pumps suitable. I have seen quite small ones for as little as $A19.90 . Some of their plastic housings could be removed to make them even smaller.
However, they would need a fair size 12V battery to start up and run. You can't expect to get all that energy ( pressure) from a low voltage/ current source. You could calculate the energy required if you don't believe me but don't ask me for the equations :wink:

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back