Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mic

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr.power

Hi guys,

I just connected my electret mic to my scope through a 1.5V battery,
I noticed that the output signal of the mic is very weak for the scope.
I just was able to see a very small sine wave just when I put the mic on the nearest side of my speaker while the speaker was connected to my function generator at frequency of 1Khz.
My question is what is the best method of amplifying the mic output for the scope?
Can I increase the voltage of the elctret mic and ignore using an Amplifier for it?
If not then do you have any idea for the amplifier for the mic...

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
A higher voltage will give you a greater output, but you must keep below the mic's rated supply voltage (check the datasheet). What you really need, though, is a mic amp. Use the search function on this site (there are other threads about this topic) or Google.

A higher voltage will give you a greater output, but you must keep below the mic's rated supply voltage (check the datasheet). What you really need, though, is a mic amp. Use the search function on this site (there are other threads about this topic) or Google.

Thanks,

Actually I am thinking of a veru simple non inverting-inverting op-amps as the amplifier, But I do not know if I should get any consideration regarding something?

Think about using a simple pre amp circuit as can be seen here. That should pretty much give you what you want. The circuit can be powered by less than the 9 volts shown. 5 or 6 volts would likely work fine.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back