Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mic mute switch Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

butch1

What I need to do is build a reverse mic mute switch. Currently when a switch is pushed it grounds pin 2 and 3 of the xlr connector and mutes the mic. I need to be able to push a switch and release the short on 2 and 3 (which are shorted) turning the mic on without the use of a relay.
Thanks for your help
Butch

Probably what you have is a 'normally open' switch and you need a 'normally closed' switch.
I don't know if your switch is something that you can find a replacement for.

If you cant change out the switch, do you have any source of DC voltage nearby? A one transistor "inverter" could do it...

Short the mic with a capacitor, if the xlr is phantom powered you'll get a rather loud thump.

What I need to do is build a reverse mic mute switch. Currently when a switch is pushed it grounds pin 2 and 3 of the xlr connector and mutes the mic. I need to be able to push a switch and release the short on 2 and 3 (which are shorted) turning the mic on without the use of a relay.
Thanks for your help
Butch

Hi

Just curious ....but why do you want to do that?

eT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back