Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Messing up With Potentiometer[ORCAD]

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerox2

Hello,
I trying to do some experiment with my PWM signal and I'm newbie on this, the reason is i trying to finds the potentiometer symbol and cannot found any symbol. I'm only found the R_VAR and this makes me frustrated...anyone can help me regarding on this matter..Is this potentiometer needs some *.olb file to add and I don't know where this part hidden...:confused:

You can always use two resistors in series (R1, R2), so that their sum is the total resistance of the potentiometer. For example, if you need a 10k ohms potentiometer, you might assign PARAMETERs to R1 and R2: R1=A and R2=10000-A.

eng1 said:
You can always use two resistors in series (R1, R2), so that their sum is the total resistance of the potentiometer. For example, if you need a 10k ohms potentiometer, you might assign PARAMETERs to R1 and R2: R1=A and R2=10000-A.
And A>0, since Spice doesn't like zero ohm resistors.
I like to let R1=A*Rpot+0.001 and R2=(1-A)*Rpot (the 0.001 allows A to go from zero to one). This simulates a linear pot (linear attenuation vs rotation).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back