Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Message when accessing ETO's front page

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeng

Attached is a screen shot of what I get when I access the front page of ETO. I have no idea why. This only happens the first time per browser session when I attempt to access the page. If I close and re-launch my browser, it will happen again, but only once per session.

ETO Front page.jpg

Does this happen to anyone else?

Is this before or after logging in? It appears to be something your Adblock is hiding.

It happens before I log in. I have a bookmark for ETO, so I click that to go to the homepage. That's when I get that screen. If I re-load the homepage, it doesn't happen again. It doesn't happen again until I completely close and re-launch my browser, then go to the homepage.
It could be an effect of AdBlock, since I do use that. I was just wondering if anyone else was seeing it or if it was just me.

It happens before I log in. I have a bookmark for ETO, so I click that to go to the homepage. That's when I get that screen. If I re-load the homepage, it doesn't happen again. It doesn't happen again until I completely close and re-launch my browser, then go to the homepage.
It could be an effect of AdBlock, since I do use that. I was just wondering if anyone else was seeing it or if it was just me.

Try pausing adblock for ETO and reload your browser. You should then be able to see what the message is.

Matt

Is this before or after logging in? It appears to be something your Adblock is hiding.

Adblock plus here, I never got that, Matt. :wideyed:

My question: all users around the globe, at the same time, are they exposed to see the same pop-ups? Or it depends on something specific? IPs?

And here it is with AdBlock disabled...

ETO No AdBlock.jpg

Yep, just an advertisement. It's visible to people who have not logged in.

Have you noticed that members get the ads via email. Easy to ignore though and the topics are relevant. Meaning, you don't have to open the message because the title correctly identifies the subject.

Although I've been getting a lot of slowness with ads. e.g A "script on this page is not responding" kind of errors.

Have you noticed that members get the ads via email. Easy to ignore though and the topics are relevant. Meaning, you don't have to open the message because the title correctly identifies the subject.

Although I've been getting a lot of slowness with ads. e.g A "script on this page is not responding" kind of errors.

Ads from ETO? I have never had an ad from ETO appear in my inbox (or spam folder).

It''s from Design world.

e.g. **broken link removed**

as an HTML messgage, This is proably because i registered to read some info there when ETO was purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back