Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MERRY CHRISTMAS LIGHTS w/PICs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDEB

I built this several years ago and it utilizes several 16F88 PICs , a handful of 74595's, a zero crossing power supply, a bunch of SSRs and all get connected to a pc.
ENJOY unconventional Christmas music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quUawNfUoRw
by the way I have lots of bare SSR boards and contemplating selling all the controller boards. My wife dosen't wantr me on a ladder.

Awesome display!

Only question now is where we do get the 1.21 giga watts? ;)

Happy Christmas to all and a new year with loads of circuits and programs.

Al

There are 14000 lights, all little bulbs, none of the big 110v bulbs. The program that I use has a wattage calculator based on the programming of the 128 channels w/ 256 levels of dimming.
The total wattage is pretty low. All the lights are on two - 20 amp circuits that have other items connected in the house.
My wife, the first year I put up the lights, was waiting for Jasnuary electric bill. Only went up a few dollars.

Not bad at all. A vary good start.
I have 30,000 plus lights about 1/3 are LED. Conroled by 64 channels of LOR.
Sorry no vids yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back