Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Memristors ? on a slightly larger scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

killivolt

Is it or has it been done.

If to create memristors on a slightly larger scale or. is the nano the only way to do it ?

I have seen a post where someone was attempting to create a neuro network to mimic a basic brain function.

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/single-electrode-input-output.42192/

As I read this discussion it begins to take a direction of no Ground and 3 phase to accomplish load to resistance.

I guess what I'm asking is the only way to achieve an analog memory is to have an actual memristor in circuit to do it.

kv

I know that IBM somewhere in their statement, stated (duh :p ) that fabrication technologies lower than 22nm that memristance will be crucial in circuit design, so my guess is that it becomes more evident in smaller circuits.

So it probably happens in large circuits, just not as evident. So you will either have to have extremely sensitive circuits or very tiny produced devices (<90nm)

-Freakazo, actually a noob :p

I don't want RRAM

I know that IBM somewhere in their statement, stated (duh :p ) that fabrication technologies lower than 22nm that memristance will be crucial in circuit design, so my guess is that it becomes more evident in smaller circuits.

So it probably happens in large circuits, just not as evident. So you will either have to have extremely sensitive circuits or very tiny produced devices (<90nm)

-Freakazo, actually a noob :p

Many thanks to the noob.

So, then it is impossible to accomplish. This type of memory can only be accomplished in a digital storage device on a larger scale.

This can no way be simulated. Anyone willing to dis-agree ?

So, if I wanted a simple 128 bytes stored and somehow recovered this would be an impossibility.

I'm not wanting RRAM.

kv

Last edited:
Many thanks to the noob.

So, then it is impossible to accomplish. This type of memory can only be accomplished in a digital storage device on a larger scale.

This can no way be simulated. Anyone willing to dis-agree ?

So, if I wanted a simple 128 bytes stored and somehow recovered this would be an impossibility.

I'm not wanting RRAM.

kv

Sure it's possible. Think of how small a silicon chip is and the package that it sits in.

Sure it's possible. Think of how small a silicon chip is and the package that it sits in.

But as far as scalability it's still exists only at 90nm or below.

I have no comprehension. I was asked the question above when I started this and still I get the varying statement's. I do however have some here at the University that I could ask but I thought I would open it up for discussion.

I have read more now and understand there is a limit to it. Voltage and Amperage above this in a circuit commonly manufactured in mm would be impossible to simulate.

Would you agree ?

kv

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back