Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Measuring power in SwitcherCAD III

Status
Not open for further replies.

panic mode

Hi everyone,

Not sure if you already know (I didn't) but the SwitcherCAD does have ability to measure power dissipation. I couldn't find it anywhere in documentation so I emailed them. I received quick reply explaining how to do it, so I'm about to share it. If someone already knew this, what the heck did you wait for? ;-)

press and hold Alt key and click on component in the circuit diagram (while holding Alt key, cursor changes to thermometer). graph of power dissipation for selected component will be shown. to see average value, press and hold Ctrl key (let go of Alt key) and click on graph name (something like V(N001,N003)*I(R3) for example). always use left click (right click has different function).

It's nice to know about the key sequence. I always entered the expression in the dialog box to change a current or voltage into a power waveform. A power waveform is pretty hard to get on a real instrument. It's a nice feature of simulation -- don't you think?

yes, i think it's really nice feature...
I'm hoping that someone could add to this tread with whatever they have discovered or at least found handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back