Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Measuring current with current probe

Status
Not open for further replies.

naseeam

Could you please provide me with a detailed procedure for measuring current with a current probe? I believe I should see a AC current waveform on the scope.
My circuit is as follows: ASIC outputs a PWM signal to Analog Current Output(ACO) Driver. I need to measure current through the load tied to the ACO Driver.

I am using Tektronix TDS3014B scope and Tektronix TCP202 current probe. I received error when I tried to attach their manuals. So please use following links to fetch the mauals. Thanks.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

1) turn scope on
2) plug current probe into scope (it should auto-change termination to 50R as well as append "A" symbol to denote amps)
3) with probe jaws closed & locked and not around anything or near any fields hit the degause button on the side on the probe head (newer ones have an option on the scope menu)
4) clamp around wire you want to sense current
5) initilise yr cct
5a) concider hitting auto-set or manual re-scaling of X/Y axis to find signal

its not that hard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back