Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Measurement Notations

Status
Not open for further replies.

dknguyen

Most Helpful Member
I am looking at the PCB footprint diagram of a DC-DC converter (and some other stuff like the measurements on servo splines, etc.) And there is a symbol that I am not sure about.

The symbol is: ø

For example:

Servo horn gear spline: 24 segment/ø0.576

An arrow pointing to a square pin of a DC-DC converter: 6-ø1^±0.1 (superscripted)

An arrow pointing to a PCB pin hole for a DC-DC converter: 6-ø1.5

THe numbers almost never have measurements, but are implied to be in mm (as far as I know).

I believe it is the symbol for diameter. Google for "Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing"

Thanks. I had no idea what to google for which was giving me huge problems.

Tim Horton's (Canadian but big presence here in US) Restaurants, Dunkin Donuts and a few others actually sell donut holes. If one were specifying the diameter of a donut hole it could be kind of ambiguous - is it the ID of the hole in a donut or the OD of the resulting donut hole.

I think the heat is getting to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back