Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Measure Reading Of Meter Through SMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeeshan Junejo

Hello Every body,

I want to make My final year project in which i want to measure Reading of Meter through SMS. Can Any body suggest me how should I start work?

If you are refering cellular GSM SMS messaging you can use any GSM or 3G phone that supports modem operation through attached data cable. You will have to converter data to text ascii hex character equivalents to pass through text based system.

Go to Telit and look at their GSM modules. The data sheets tell you a lot about sending SMS, and the protocol is the same even if you use an ordinary cellphone.

I think that you will need to programme a microcontroller to compose the SMS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back