Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MCU Pins Used by SIP and IIC EEPROM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Urahara

Hi

My continuing education with PIC.

Am looking at the documentation of a demo board that consists of a 93LCXXX EEPROM using SIP protocol and a 24CXX IIC protocol. It describes that the former's SDI, SDO and SCL are connected to pins RC5, RC4 and RC3 respectively while the 24CXX's SDA and SCK are connected to pins RC4 and RC3. Each module comes with coding switches to turn on or off.

My question is : as pins RC3 and RC4 are used for both modules, does it mean then that I can only test/use either the 93LCXXX or the 24CXX module but not both at the same time?

Thks! :D

Am ok with testing one at a time. But as a newbie, just wanted to know, that if both modules are connected as described, I will not be coding subroutines that attempt to do both at the same time and not getting the results I want.

I guess that would mean it's one or the other but not both.

Thks!

Both are easily done entirely in software, so you can easily have both if required - really it depends on your choice of devices, the uses of I2C and SPI are really pretty different.

Both are easily done entirely in software, so you can easily have both if required - really it depends on your choice of devices, the uses of I2C and SPI are really pretty different.

But not if they share the same pic pins as on the OPs demo board.

Mike.

From what I read, there are coding switches on each of the module that you can switch on or off, so I guess that allows one or the other to be used(unless one make a mistake and turn both on).

There is also pin outs that allow one to connect the modules to other used pins of the MCU.

Thks! Think I am beginning to understand such documentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back