Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MCPCB Manufacturer in the US?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking into a stateside MCPCB custom board manufacturer, for some Cree high power LED's. Anyone have experience, or suggestions they would like to pass on? Second choice, would be your usual SE Asia suppliers I guess.

Found someone to give me a quote, https://www.circuitgraphics.com/ They seemed pretty reasonable. I have a feeling that most fabs will charge an NRE for these MCPCB boards, or a minimum sq. in area. So in the end, it took too many boards for the $/board ratio to be attractive. Now on to FR4 boards with plated and solder filled vias:).

Found someone to give me a quote, https://www.circuitgraphics.com/ They seemed pretty reasonable. I have a feeling that most fabs will charge an NRE for these MCPCB boards, or a minimum sq. in area. So in the end, it took too many boards for the $/board ratio to be attractive. Now on to FR4 boards with plated and solder filled vias:).

Wow, I stumbled across this post. Lucky me.

I am EXACTLY at the same point as you with a design that needs the whole MCPCB thing. Also no luck here is SA.
Also back to doing it with double sided FR4.

I also have studied the very thorough Cree guidelines where they explain the whole concept about using minute via's under the Led to cool the chip down.

My board house only does down to 0.4mm vias without a Mandatory Bare Board Test. Cree want 0.25mm.

So I am going with 0.4mm and a Copper thickness of 70 micron instead of 35 micron. Will see how it pan's out when the Factory re - opens next year.

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
So you found someone to do some skinny 2oz. copper boards. Mind me asking who?

DirtyLude mentioned that iTead does .8mm boards for an extra $2 on their 10 board service. And now that I look at their site, they can go down to the .4mm that you are talking about. No option of different copper weights that I can see.

**broken link removed**

I have used them many times before for other DS boards. Excellent quality stuff.

Submit your files in GC Preview format to them.

Regards,
tvtech

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back