Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

mclr pin problem for pic16f877a

Status
Not open for further replies.

neelam29

hi all

m designing a circuit using pic16f877a with interbnal adc and mclr pin is conncted directly to +5 volts.
_config 0x290A

now the problem wht m getting is my system gets hanged up whenever i start it, but as soon as i disconncet the mclr pin and reconncet it on +5 volts it starts running properly.

wht circuitry is to be placed on mclr pin of pic16f877a so that i get rid of this hanging problem.

please do help me out

Often a resistor is recommended between MCLR and Vdd. 1k-10k is fine.

Try enabling power-on timer and the brown-out detect in the configuration fuses. Use the ff. configuration fuse directive instead.

Code:
 __CONFIG _BODEN_ON & _CP_OFF & _PWRTE_ON & _WDT_OFF & _LVP_OFF & _HS_OSC

i am a master student in embedded system course in jordan, my last project should be an embedded system project, i pick pic16f877a microcontroller to do my project
i am very new with this pic, i try to make a central heating controller, instead of the dump controller used now

can any one help me to put my leg on the first step
thanx alot

altaher said:
i am a master student in embedded system...

can any one help me to put my leg on the first step
thanx alot

You can start by not hijacking someone else's thread.

Next would be to explain to us how a master student in embedded systems is incapable of starting a relatively simple design on their own.

to

first of all , i'd like to thank u for the way u start ur message, i am really a master student.... but i try to use pic controller, which we didn't cover in the course , and collect data as i can

i am very good in programming
i 've read the data sheet of pic16f877a, and tried to take the help from u, but thanx, u replied in a very negative way

thanx alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back